Recipe by Alison Clayton
This is a quick and easy pasta recipe, which you can whizz up when you crawl in from work and cannot really be bothered to cook. The actual quatities are not crucial. With fresh pasta it should take about 5 minutes to make (adjust cooking times for dried pasta).
Top Review by Junebug
This was an easy dish to make, but certainly took longer than the stated time of 6 minutes to prepare. The taste was okay, but a little on the bland side for my tastes. Don't get me wrong I ate all of mine,but for my tastes it just didn't have that little something extra to make it stand out.
- 1 courgette (zuchinni)
- 1 package soft cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1 cup double cream
- 2 -3 slices bacon
- 1 package fresh tagliatelle pasta noodles (or pasta of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water on to boil for pasta.
- chop up bacon rashers into strips and fry until crispy.
- Put pasta into water to cook (3 mins).
- Cut courgette into chunky strips, add to the pan and fry until cooked to your taste (al denté is good).
- Stir in cream cheese to bacon and courgette mix and let it melt.
- Turn down heat and slowly (so it doesn't curdle) add double cream to make the sauce more runny, to taste.
- Drain pasta and toss sauce in drained pasta.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve (you will need less salt if you use smoked bacon).