Recipe by Carol in Cabo
I'd forgotten this dish, but saw it on a menu in a new restaurant. Thought I'd give it a try one day. After the easy tamales came out so well that just translated to this perfectly. So simple! I served it over white rice. I used the copycat version of Lipton Soup Mix elsewhere on this site, it's perfect.
Top Review by Snowpeas
This is delicious! It was very easy to throw together in the crock pot and tastes soooo good! This is great over rice or in a tortilla. Would be wonderful in burritos or enchiladas. Thank you Carol for another great recipe!
- 7⁄8 kg lean pork, cut into cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups bottled salsa verde
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup chicken bouillon or 1 cup broth
- 3 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup flour