Recipe by pansies
Another companion recipe to the no-bowl banana nut cake I have tried and posted. A snack style cake. I haven't tried this one yet but plan to. The few utensils required for putting no-bowl cakes together is just so appealing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained, reserve juice, chop cherries
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into an ungreased 8 or 9 inch square baking pan. Stir with a fork to mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of the reserved cherry juice, the cherries, oil, water, vinegar and vanilla. Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape any ingredients clinging to sides, corners and bottom of pan into the batter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into centre of pan comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack. Cut into 9 squares.