Recipe by pansies
Finally tried this cake a few days ago after having it in a folder since 1981. It worked very well. I did not try it with the frosting since I served it as a simple snack cake to pack in lunches. I do believe I am in love with no-bowl cakes! I baked this in an 8 inch square pan and it needed the 35 minutes in my oven.
Top Review by **Jubes**
Great easy to make cake. Used 2 1/2 smallish bananas. Cooked in a small loaf tin for about 45 minutes in the oven. Beautiful moist cake. Frosted with lemon cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with chopped walnuts. Photo also being posted
- 295.73 ml flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml mashed ripe banana, mash till smooth and creamy
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, softened
- 354.88 ml confectioners' sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8 or 9 inch square cake pan, with a fork mix well flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Add remaining cake ingredients to pan. Mix with a fork until thoroughly blended. Using a rubber spatula, scrape any ingredients clinging to sides, corners and bottom of pan into the batter. Even out batter in the pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a pick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. When cool spread with frosting if desired. Makes 9 servings.
- To make frosting, beat together butter and sugar until thoroughly blended. Add lemon juice; beat until smooth and of spreading consistency.