Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a delicious twist on vegetable lasagna - you do not have to pre-boil the noodles! This version of a traditional lasagna will not weigh you down and you won't mind eating the leftovers either.
- 8 lasagna noodles (1/2 of a 1 lb package)
- 1 (15 ounce) containersmall curd low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen broccoli (thawed and drained)
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, Parmesan, eggs and basil; mix well.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat; saute garlic and onions for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rest of vegetables and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add veggies into the cottage cheese mixture and mix well.
- Spread 1 c of pasta sauce in bottom of a 13x9" baking dish and spread evenly.
- Layer with half each: uncooked lasagna noodles, cottage cheese mixture, remaining
- pasta sauce and mozzarella.
- Repeat layering.
- Cover tighlty with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Uncover; bake an additional 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.