Recipe by Judi H
This comes from my twin sister Julie. People always ask for the recipe when this dish is served, and it makes a great lunch the next day too. Hope you like it as much as our family does--and thanks, Julie, for giving me this recipe in the first place! (This is my very first recipe I've posted, so reviewers please be kind!)
Top Review by Tish
I followed the recipe as written using leftover roasted chicken and using the optional spinach. If I were to make this again I would add about 1 Tbs. minced garlic, about 1/2 of an onion, chopped, some basil and oregano to give it a little more taste. It did taste a lot better when warmed up the second day, but 1st day it was a little bland. Thanks for posting. :)
- 15 -18 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 chicken, cooked, deboned, and cut up
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (22 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 12 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces grated colby-monterey jack cheese or 4 ounces colby cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and cottage cheese.
- Spray cooking oil spray into bottom of deep lasagna pan.
- Pour all of the chicken broth into the lasagna pan.
- Place 5-6 uncooked lasagna noodles on bottom of lasagna pan (in the chicken broth), making sure they lie flat (even if you have to break off the corners of the noodles).
- Spread 1/3 of the sour cream/soup/cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cooked cubed chicken and mushrooms (and spinach if using) over noodles, followed by 1 cup grated mozzarella.
- Repeat layers so you end up with 3 layers, gently pushing each layer down to pack it in and to lie as flat as possible.
- Top final mozzarella layer with grated Co-Jack or Colby cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Uncover dish and bake an additional 10 minutes to lightly brown the top layer of cheese.
- Let dish stand for 10 minutes before cutting.