1 hr 5 mins
This is an easy recipe since you don't need to precook the pasta and the shells are firm when you try to stuff them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb part-skim ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 -3 dashes nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- 14 manicotti, uncooked
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Combine Ricotta, 4 oz Mozzarella, Parmesan, 1 tsp sugar, egg, nutmeg, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 3Stuff uncooked manicotti generously with cheese mixture, from both ends. (Tip: I put mixture in a plastic bag and cut off a small corner to squeeze the mixture in the shells easily).
- 4Arrange manicotti in a single layer in a slightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- 5Combine diced tomatoes, tomato paste, water, onion flakes, basil, rosemary, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper in a small or medium sauce pan and bring to just a boil.
- 6Pour sauce over manicotti covering completely.
- 7Cover baking dish with aluminum foil, crimping edges to seal tightly.
- 8Bake for 40 minutes at 400°F.
- 9Remove foil, sprinkle generously with remaining mozzarella.
- 10Bake uncovered for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Boil Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 592.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: