Recipe by Kristen H.
This recipe is a combination of information off the Creamette box for no boil lasagna and my personal preferences.
- 4 ounces creamette lasagna noodles (8 noodles)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 26 ounces hunt's garlic and herb spaghetti sauce (1 large can)
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 16 ounces 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups light mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in skillet, drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce, paste, oregano, garlic powder and water. Stir until tomato paste is mixed. Keep on low heat.
- In a med. bowl combine the cottage cheese, parsley, parmesean and egg white. Stir well.
- Once the sauce just begins to boil, remove from heat.
- In a 9 x12 baking pan, spoon in 1 cup of sauce mix, on top of that put 4 uncooked lasagna noodles (possibly 3 horizontal and 1 vertical). You do not need to make the noodles touch as they will expand while cooking.
- Next spread 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon 1/2 the remaining sauce over the cheese then layer the next 4 noodles. Put the rest of the cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese then on top of that spread out the remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees or until the middle of the pan just begins to bubble.
- Remove and let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.