Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This tastes so good
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 14.79 ml butter
- 29.58 ml oil oil
- 453.59 g extra lean ground beef
- 946.36 ml spaghetti sauce
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes (or chopped)
- 946.36 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 354.88 ml 2% cottage cheese
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml basil
- 12 no cook lasagna noodles
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml beef broth
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cottage cheese, oregano, basil and egg. Set aside.
- In a deep saucepan, over medium heat, add butter and olive oil. Add onions, peppers, chopped parsley and cook a few minutes until soft. Add ground beef, break apart beef so that its very small and mix up. Add garlic. Cook a few minutes until the meat is completely browned. Add spaghetti sauce and tomatoes. Cook a few minutes more until bubbly. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.(note: If you use extra lean ground beef then there is no reason the drain). Turn off heat and set aside.
- Assemble lasagna: Spray deep 9 x 13 pan with Pam. Put 3/4 cup sauce on the bottom of the pan. Put 3 noodle over ( don't have them touch each other or the sides. Apply 1/4 sauce over, 1/4 of cottage cheese mixture 1/4 of mozzarella and 1/3 of Parmesan. Do this 2x more .and end with last 1/4 of items. Pour beef broth over.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and cooked through. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes ( more or less until slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.