Recipe by WJKing
This takes the work out of lasagna! YUMMY! Noodles get really nice & soft, too! My family adores this recipe! ENJOY!
Top Review by BarbBQ43
Very good lasagna. My son wanted lasagna for his 10th birthday and I wanted little to no fuss, so I chose this recipe. It turned out perfectly. One note - do not drain the can of tomatoes - you'll need the extra juice to help soften up the noodles a bit. Very tasty and cheesy. Next time I may liven it up a bit with additional vegetables (mushrooms, olives) and a bit more seasoning, but will definitely be using this as my starter from now on. Thanks!
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 14 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) package low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 package uncooked lasagna noodle
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat, drain all but 2 T.
- Add onion, salt& oregano.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in spaghettii sauce and tomatoes& heat through.
- Spoon 1/3 meat mixture into 9x13 pan.
- Cover w/ a single layer of uncooked noodles.
- Spread another 1/3 meat mixture onton the noodles.
- Add cottage cheese, half mozzarella cheese& the Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange a second layer of noodles on top.
- Spoon remaining meat onto the noodles.
- Top w/ remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 for 1 hour.
- Remove cover& bake an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted& golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.