Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This goes great with a berry-flavored syrup poured over it.
- Beat your egg yolks in a bowl on high until they are thick.
- Slowly beat in your granulated sugar.
- Heat your cream in a pot until it gets very warm.
- DO NOT LET IT GET VERY HOT!
- Slowly, and a tiny bit at a time, stir in just half of your egg mixture.
- Make sure they are mixed well.
- You can stir in the other half of the egg mixture into the pot.
- Cook on low heat, continously stirring it for about 5 to 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- DO NOT LET THIS BOIL!
- When it thickens, pour the mixture into individual custard cups and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When you're almost ready to serve, sprinkle the top of the custard with the brown sugar and put it under your broiler, making sure to keep a close eye on it and to use oven-safe custard cups (I recommend anything by Corning Ware or Pyrex).
Good flavor but did not set up as firm as I would have liked it to.