Recipe by YummySmellsca
Strawberry flavoured "gel dessert"(AKA vegan Jell-O) adds a bright pink hue and a vibrant fruity sweetness that's tempered by fresh, sour rhubarb right out of my backyard. It's a great summer dessert either unadorned or jazzed up with frosting and ice cream!
- 59.14 ml vanilla sugar
- 236.59 ml low fat strawberry yogurt
- 0 evaporated 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- 709.77 ml white whole wheat flour
- 118.29 ml fine-ground cornmeal
- 2 (170.09 g) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (if vegetarian use Natural Desserts Strawberry Fruit Jel Dessert Mix)
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 7 (7 g) packetpurevia stevia (or your favourite stevia)
- 453.59 g chopped rhubarb (about 3 3/4 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9x13" pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the vanilla sugar, yoghurt, milk, eggs and butter until well blended.
- Add the flour, cornmeal, dessert mix, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and stevia, beating to combine.
- Fold in the rhubarb.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan.