Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This might sound like a contradiction, but I wanted to come up with a bread like it without the alcohol. I was inspired by Greg Norman's Beer Bread The result was GREAT!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 12 ounces club soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine flour baking powder,sugar, dill(or any other herb of your choice) and salt in a large bowl. (you may use brown or white sugar).
- Stir in the club soda just until combined.
- Pour into a sprayed loaf pan.
- Pour the melted butter over the top.
- Bake @ 375F for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and let cool on rack. The crust on this bread is outstanding.
- This bread is on the sweet side and you might like to add 1/4 c of raisins or chopped dried apricot, and sprinkle the top with some cinnamon and sugar mixture. In place of the Dill. This would make a wonderful breakfast bread and left-overs make wonderful toast.
Made this a while ago, left out the dll & used rootbeer instead. Everyone liked it, my GD asked if I could use orange soda to see what it would taste like.
I will soon try this one, but I must note that ALL the alcohol is cooked out in the oven. So if you would like to try the real kind feel free.