Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This family recipe has been passed down for generations. My dad used this recipe for an annual chili cookoff in our home town and it drew huge crowds. No tomatoes or beans in this true Texas chili. Important Note! This recipe called for Morton's Chili Blend. It is nearly impossible to find so I use William's Chili Mix in addition to the following ingredients. The real secret to this chili is the cooking method.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs chili-style ground beef
- 3 cups water
- william's chili seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- In the 3 cups of water, simmer the meat for 30 minutes(do not brown the meat before boiling it). Crumble the meat up as you add it to the water. There should not be any large pieces. After 30 minutes add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve this up with some cheese and extra onions if you want.