Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Only 4 ingredients from Sally H. Hunt's "Easy Diabetic Cooking with 4 Ingredients." Serving size is a 1/2 cup. 131 calories, less than 1 g fiber, sugars 3 g , sodium 366 mg, carbs 5 g, total fat 6 g.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies, mild
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning, reduced sodium
- In a sprayed large skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion until tender. Do not brown.
- Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet over medium heat, cook and stir ground beef until it browns.
- Transfer to wire mesh strainer and drain.
- Wipe skillet with paper towels to remove excess fat.
- Return meat and onion to skillet. Stir in tomatoes, taco seasoning and 1 to 2 cups of water.
- Simmer 25-30 minutes for flavors to blend.
Awesome!! I enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. Unexpectedly spicy but I loved it. My BF did as well! Served with Cornbread-low Carb. For 4 ingredients, it cant be beat!! A definite repeater! Thanks:)
This is fantastic chili! I served it with lettuce and cheese, made for a wonderful and filling "taco salad" My husband liked it so much he requested it for his birthday dinner. The plan is to make chili dogs with low carb bread. I will be singing the praises of this to all my friends. Thanks!
mmm DH loved it! I served the chili on whole wheat hot dog buns, boy were they good!! I used "hot & spicy" taco seasoning and left out the green chillies; it was wonderful, just the right amount of heat. a very tasty Saturday night supper and diabetic too!! thanks for posting i will be making this again.