Recipe by CindySue54
No bean chilli made with hamburg and sausage.
Top Review by ckobran
Tweaked this recipe a bit and lioved the end result. Used Hot Turkey sausage instead of pork and used no green peppers.
Also added in a 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin and a 1 tsp of Ancho CHile powder (in addition to all of the other spices)
cooked in the crock pot for 10 hours and the result was fabulous..I am on my 3rd day of eating it and love it with some cheese, a lil sour cream and some tortilla chips to scoop it up.
- 1 lb pork sausage, the bulk type spicy
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 -4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes