Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a pretty easy recipe and it really does not have bananas in it! It does use instant banana pudding mix, though :) This comes out very pretty with a slight banana flavor. Poppy seeds add the "speckle".
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant banana pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, water, oil and pudding mix and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in poppy seed.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt or tube pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool about 20 minutes in pan on rack and then turn out of pan and cool completely on rack.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar or drizzle with confectioners' sugar glaze.
I baked this cake tonight. Very good cake except the recipe calls for 1/4 cup poppy seeds which I thought was way too much. I only added half of the 1/4 maybe less. I also added a teaspoon of banana flavoring.