Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This sinful dessert was published in the July 2010 issue of Woman's World magazine. Although I have not tried it, I plan to. Very easy and festive. Please note: The recipe calls for "Yodel" snack cakes. "Ding Dongs" have been substituted here due to ingredient limitations at this website.
- 1 (11 ounce) package Ding Dong Chocolate Snack Cakes
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Ding Dong Chocolate Snack Cakes, sliced (optional)
- 1. Coat an 8" springform pan with cooking spray. Cut for cakes crosswise into 4 pieces each. Stack, frosted side up, around edge of pan. Halve remaining cakes lengthwise arrange in bottom of pan, cutting to fit.
- 2. In microwave-safe bowl, stir cocoa into hot water until smooth. Sprinkle gelatin over mixture; let stand until softened - about 5 minutes. Microwave on high in 10-second intervals, stirring, until dissolved.
- 3. In large bowl on medium-high speed, beat cream cheese, milk, and melted chocolate chips until smooth and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Slowly and gradually beat in gelatin mixture until blended. Fold in 2 cups topping; spread in pan. Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. Carefully run knife around edge of cheesecake; remove side of pan. If desired, transfer remaining topping to pastry bag fitted with Star tip; pipe or spoon onto cake. If desired, garnish with additional snack cake slices.