Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found in Parade magazine (with the local newspaper) this past weekend. Preparation time does not include the 2 hours needed for the pie to chill.
- 4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 cup dark chocolate, grated (optional)
- In a bowl set over a pot of lightly simmering water, warm & partially melt the chocolate, then remove from heat & stir to melt completely.
- In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar & vanilla until smooth.
- Add the chocolate to this mixture & combine thoroughly, before adding the sour cream & blending completely.
- In a 3rd mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until firm, then gently fold it into the chocolate filling.
- Place the banana slices evenly over the crust, then carefully pour the chocolate filling over the bananas, before chilling the pie for at least 2 hours.
- Although it's optional, the pie looks great when sprinkled with grated or shaved dark chocolate before serving.
Syd, this recipe is amazing! It is so creamy, chocolatey and delicious with a wonderful chocolate and banana flavour. YUM!
I made a couple of changes due to what I had on hand and it still worked out wonderfully: I used German Quark and cashew butter in place of sour cream and heavy cream, no sugar and only one banana. The cookie crust I made was low in sugar and I still found the pie to be lovely sweet. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, I cant wait to serve it to company as it looks very pretty, too! The shavings on top really make it stand out.
Made and reviewed for Newest Zaar January 2012.