This recipe was found in Parade magazine (with the local newspaper) this past weekend. Preparation time does not include the 2 hours needed for the pie to chill.
- In a bowl set over a pot of lightly simmering water, warm & partially melt the chocolate, then remove from heat & stir to melt completely.
- In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar & vanilla until smooth.
- Add the chocolate to this mixture & combine thoroughly, before adding the sour cream & blending completely.
- In a 3rd mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until firm, then gently fold it into the chocolate filling.
- Place the banana slices evenly over the crust, then carefully pour the chocolate filling over the bananas, before chilling the pie for at least 2 hours.
- Although it's optional, the pie looks great when sprinkled with grated or shaved dark chocolate before serving.