This is from an idea in a 2005 Woman's World Magazine. I couldn't get many of the cookies mentioned in the article, so I used what my grocery store had. The Bundt cake I used was the Triple chocolate from Sam's Club, but any cake could be used, store bought or homemade. You can also use a frosted layer cake.
- 1 bundt chocolate cake
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 7 lemon cream-filled vanilla sandwich cookies
- 4 gingersnaps
- 8 fudge-striped shortbread cookies
- 7 coconut biscuits
- 1 stella d'oro breakfast cookie
- 9 Hershey chocolate kisses
- 1 strawberry fruit roll-up
- Work on a platter or covered cardboard.
- Place the Bundt cake on the platter and fill in the hole with some cookies.
- Place the confectioners sugar in a ziploc bag and work in a little water to form a "glue." Snip the end off of the bag.
- Place the lemon cookies and gingersnaps around the center of the cake.
- "Glue" the Stella D'Oro cookie to resemble a turkey's head.
- Add a large drop of "glue" for eye and add a candy.
- "Glue" a candy sideways to resemble beak.
- Cut fruit roll up to resemble turkey's wattle and press it in position.
- Arrange cookies around the cake to resemble feathers.
- Feel free to experiment!
Cute and can't wait to experiment around with this idea.
What a striking but easy dessert. Cant wait to try this!