Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
An Adaptation from the original rocky road bars using toffees/caramels sweets or bars of toffee. Delicious and not sickly.
- 400 g english toffee, broken up into pieces (in blocks)
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces digestive biscuits (broken into pieces)
- 2 ounces any nuts (crushed, can recommend pecans)
- 2 ounces raisins
- 2 ounces glace cherries
- 200 g colored miniature marshmallows
- Line a 25cm x 20cm (10in x 8in) shallow baking tin with clingfilm.
- Melt toffee and butter in a medium sized pan, heat over a very gentle heat and stir continuously.
- Once completely melted and resmbling a thick liqud remove from the heat.
- Add broken biscuits, raisins, nuts, cherries and marshmallows.
- Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking tin.
- Level to surface.
- Chill for 1 hour approx or until firm.
- Remove from tin and peel away clingfilm.
- Cut into 12-14 bars dependent on the size of bar you require.
- To store place in airtight container for upto 4 days.
Totally yummy and easy to prepare.