Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 20 mins
Here's a slightly different version -- with peanut butter and no gelatin. (cooking time is fridge time)
- 295.73 ml Oreo cookie crumbs
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 2 (500 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml smooth peanut butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 (200 g) Toblerone chocolate bars, divided
- 354.88 ml thawed Cool Whip, divided (or other whipped topping)
- Mix crumbs and butter; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar on medium speed until well blended.
- Chop 1 chocolate bar and stir into cream cheese mixture. Gently stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping.
- Spoon over crust, and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Microwave remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping and chocolate bar on high for 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is well blended; cool slightly.
- Pour glaze over cake and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Normally I'm not big on cheesecake, but this is the best cheesecake I have EVER eaten! It's smooth, rich and delicious :) AND it's easy to make!
This cheesecake recipe was fantastic, rich and smooth and so easy to make.
When I saw this in the Kraft Book last year I started making it for every function and it was always a hit... the one thing that I do differently is buy smashed toffee pieces (in the chocolate chip area) and sprinkle them over the glaze before it sets... super yum!!!