Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
NO BAKE - NO TIME - NO FUSS! This no-bake dessert is very easy to prepare, and a delicious ending to a warm summer's day. Taste the subtlety of each individual flavor - Tender peaches, sparkling citrus, sweet sugars, warm spices, and a crunchy-crust topping.
- 1 pie crust, round (12-inches)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen peaches, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Fry pie crust in a stove-top or electric skillet with butter. Drain on paper towels, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl thoroughly combine the remaining ingredients; add to the same skillet and cook until the peaches are tender.
- Spoon peach filling into a deep-dish pie plate or other baking dish; cover with the fried crust.
- A plate of warm cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream wil bring a smile to everyone's face. And smiling is always good -- .