Recipe by JennyLynn99
I got this recipe from "Birds and Blooms" magazine. It is really simple and very delicious. I must warn you though, it is very sweet. The first time my boyfriend and I tried it, we took regular sized pie pieces and it was waaay too much. So, due to all of this pie's amazing sweetness, take a much smaller piece than you normally would. Besides, you can always go back for more! Cook time is total refrigeration time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 30-35 squares)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted, no substitutes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- To make crust, combine graham cracker, sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Press mixture into and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, whisk milk and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
- Add lemon peel and mix to distribute.
- Pour filling into crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, but the longer the better.
- You can garnish with whipped cream and/or fresh fruit. I tried it with some fresh blueberries once and it was magnificent!