Recipe by Mirj
My kids love to make these cookies, and they make wonderful gifts! A great cookie for vegans or people who are lactose-intolerant.
Top Review by ~Harriet~
This is a wonderful recipe, and it deserves every one of it's five stars. I used dates and orange liqueur, and rolled 1/2 tablespoon sized balls in a mixture of plain coco and hot chocolate mix. I put the balls into little candy cups, and they looked like chocolate truffles! I gave them out as Christmas gifts, and had great feedback. I'll be making these every Christmas from now on. Thanks for a fantastic recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup dried figs or 1⁄4 cup dates
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons orange liqueur or 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or by hand, finely chop apricots, pecans, figs or dates, raisins and coconut.
- Add liqueur or orange juice and almond flavoring.
- Stir until well blended.
- Roll into 36 balls, about 1-inch, by placing a small amount of the mixture between the palms of your hands.
- Roll each ball in granulated sugar.
- Layer in an airtight container, placing waxed paper or plastic wrap between each layer to prevent sticking.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve on a glass plate lined with a paper doily.