Recipe by Caramella Girl
I was inspired by other recipes and decided to come up with a low-carb, lighter cheesecake which would be good for someone on Atkins Phase 1. I first made this using orange-flavored sugar-free Jell-O.
Top Review by Suzy-Q Cooks
Sounds delicious, but due to the possibility of food poisoning, I would only use Egg Beaters or other safe, pasteurized egg product. It's way too much of a chance to take to eat raw eggs these days (even though I love them).
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free jello
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (1 g) packets sugar substitute, preferably Splenda
- 2 eggs, beaten (Thanks Suzy for the suggestion) or 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (Thanks Suzy for the suggestion)
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free syrup, any flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water and set aside until cooled.
- Mix together cream cream and Splenda, until smooth.
- Add eggs, half-and-half and syrup. Blend well.
- Slowly stir in Jell-O water mixture.
- Pour mixture into 8x8 pan, cover with plastic, then place in refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.