Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
A super simple no-bake cake that takes advantage of fresh seasonal berries. Drizzled with a chocolate ganache to take this icebox cake to the next level of heaven!
For The Cake
- 2 lbs strawberries (washed, hulled and sliced)
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 24 -28 whole graham crackers (4 sleeves)
For The Ganache
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- For The Cake:.
- With a mixer, whip the whipping cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar to the cream and whip to combine.
- In the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan, spread a layer of the sweetened whipped cream to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place a layer of graham crackers over the whipped cream.
- Then place a layer of strawberries.
- Continue layering until you run out of strawberries and graham crackers, ending with a final layer of whipped cream.
- Place baking dish in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- For The Ganache:.
- Heat the 1/4 cup whipping cream in a small sauce pan until bubbles form around the edges of the pan.
- Pour the heated cream over the chopped chocolate and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream mixture until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache over the cake.
- Feel free to change this recipe up by using other berries or fresh fruit. I have made this with raspberries, blackberries and even bananas & strawberries combined. You can also use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the chopped chocolate for the ganache.