Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
This dessert is absolutely dreamy. It is gorgeous looking and delicious tasting. I even find the jelly rolls at the $ store, sometimes!
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (7 ounce) packagejelly rolls
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Stir boiling water into strawberry gelatin in a large bowl until completely dissolved.
- Drain strawberries, reserving syrup.
- Puree strawberries in the blender and stir into gelatin, along with lemon juice.
- Chill mixture in refrigerator, stirring occasionally, until as thick as an egg white.
- While mixture chills, cut jelly rolls into 1/4 inch slices.
- Line a 2 quart mixing bowl with plastic wrap and arrange jelly roll slices close together to line bowl.
- Fold whipped cream into thickened strawberry mixture until no streaks of white remain.
- Spoon into jelly roll lined bowl.
- Chill until firm, about 3 hours or overnight.
- Unmold dessert onto serving plate.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream, if desired and serve with strawberry glaze.
- Strawberry Glaze: Stir reserved strawberry syrup into 2 tsp cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and clears.
- Cool and refrigerate.
Could have been a little sweeter(the strawberry mixture) but the babies loved it. Different and worth the effort. If you partially freeze the rolls first they will slice easier. Thanks for the recipe.
I am giving this 5 stars because everyone liked it and said how delicious it was. It looked pretty too. I couldn't find what I know as a jellyroll but found a strawberry cream roll by Little Debbie. Very easy. Thanks Karen. Bullwinkle