Recipe by Oolala
Different from the others posted here. This recipe doesn't contain Jello but does have cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract, whipped topping (like Cool Whip), fresh strawberries and prepared graham cracker pie crust. I don't want to lose it and will make it soon. This requires 4 hours chilling time. This is from Parade magazine, June 14th, 2009
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping, like Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker pie crust, prepared
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled, halved lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Gradually beat in the sugar then beat in the sour cream and vanilla until just combined.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Scrape the mixture into the the pie crust. There may be some filling left over. If so, reserve it to be decoratively piped onto the top of the pie.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Starting in the center, arrange the strawberries in a circular pattern. Pipe with any extra filling if you like.