Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy on the waistband-and on the guilt. Planning tip: Can be made (without the strawberry topping) up to 3 days ahead. Refrigerate covered. Prepare Topping just before serving. I found this recipe in Woman's Day magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 6 whole lowfat honey graham crackers, crushed to fine crumbs (2 squares each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 ounces strawberry kiwi gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 16 ounces 1% cottage cheese
- 16 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons strawberry extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (12oz)
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly, melted
- 1 small mint leaf
- Coat an 8x3-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Crust: Mix cracker crumbs with butter and honey (pre-mixed into butter) mixture until evenly moistened. Press firmly over bottom and 3/4-inchs up side of prepared pan. Place in freezer.
- Filling: Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a 1-cup measure. Puree cottage cheese in food processor until creamy. Add gelatin, cream cheese, sugar and extract; process until smooth. Pour into prepared crust; smooth top. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours until set.
- Topping: Wash and dry berries; remove stems. Quarter each lengthwise and place in a bowl; add jelly and gently toss to coat. Remove sides if springform pan; place cheesecake on serving plate. Spoon on berry mixture and sprinkle with mint leaves.