Recipe by POSSUM #3
I searched for a creamy, tasty, cool and easy dessert for my husbands birthday and came up with this recipe. It's fast and fresh!
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 -4 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups graham crackers, crushed
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Make graham cracker crust by mixing graham cracker crumbs, 3 T sugar, and melted butter with a fork.
- Pat into a 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- While cooling the crust -- in a small bowl slightly smash sliced strawberries with a fork.
- Empty 16 oz cool whip in a bowl. Stir in strawberries and strawberry preserves.
- In another larger bowl whip cream cheese with powdered sugar. When it's well mixed, add cool whip mixture and stir well making sure you get the cream cheese off the bottom of the bowl. Then mix with mixer for a few minutes but make sure you still have hunks of strawberries.
- Pour into crust, cover and chill for a few hours.