Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
When I make these, they always bring me back to my childhood. They are perfect to make with children. Keep them in the freezer for the chewy texture or room temperature for soft melting texture. Either way they are sooo yummy!! This is a Christmas favorite!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 3 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- In a sauce pan, bring sugar, cocoa and milk to a boil. Add in butter and remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup sweetened coconut and oats. Chill for 30 minutes or cool to touch.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in 1 cup unsweetened coconut and store in freezer.
- Its better to eat them from the freezer in my opinion. If you serve them thawed its too soft for my liking =) Try both ways and see what you like!
oh my!! The majority of this recipe didn't even make it into the freezer. I decided it was "diet" food since the main ingredient was rolled oats I don't feel guilty about eating this one bit. I grated my own fresh coconut so it was super yummy and fresh. This will be made again in my house. Also, I made this for the 2009 Spring PAC. Thanks Chef Luny!!!