Recipe by Sonya01
added for Green Eggs and Ham beverage tag March 08 You will need a 40cm x 55cm cake board Rollettes are small sponge roll cakes. Look for them in the bread area of your supermarket. The tounge is really an Allan's red snake but it wouldn't execept it so i put in as gummy worms. you need 1 1/2 serves of Icing for the No-Bake Snake Cake
- 2 (250 g) jelly sponge rolls, see note (250g packets sponge jelly rollettes )
- yellow food coloring
- green food coloring
- yellow smarties candies
- green smarties candies (for eyes and scales)
- 1 piece licorice (for eyes and nostrils, small piece liquorice)
- 1 gummy worms (for tongue, Allan's red jelly snake)
- icing (see recipe Icing for the No-Bake Snake Cake for icing for the no-bake snake cake)
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange 8 rollettes on board to form a snake shape. Trim 2 rollettes and position as head and tail.
- Use trimming from head and tail and remaining rollettes to fill in the gaps.
- Colour icing yellow, then gradually add green colouring to get a lime green colour. Set aside 1/8 teaspoon icing. Spread remaining icing over cake.
- Set aside 2 yellow Smarties for eyes. Arrange remaining Smarties over cake. Cut 2 small strips from liquorice. Use reserved icing to stick a liquorice strip onto each reserved Smartie. Place onto cake to form eyes. Cut 2 tiny dots from liquorice to make nostrils. Place onto cake. Cut jelly snake into a forked tongue shape. Place onto cake.