1/5 Photos of No-Bake Rice Krispies Peanut Butter Granola Bars (Lower-Fat)
This is a delicious lower fat bar if using reduced-fat peanut butter, these are perfect for kid's lunch boxes, feel free to add in some chopped nuts or sunflower seeds or coconut in place of the raisins,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml Rice Krispies (for a firmer bar increase up to 2 cups)
- 354.88 ml quick-cooking oats
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml dark corn syrup or 118.29 ml light corn syrup or 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat peanut butter (or can use regular peanut butter)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml dark raisin (or can use either 1/2 cup chopped nuts or 1/2 cup seeds or 1/2 cup coconut)
- 78.07 ml mini chocolate chip (to prevent melting refrigerate or freeze the chocolate chips before mixing in)
- 1lightly grease 11 x 7-inch, can use a 13 x 9-inch baking dish but you will have a thinner bar.
- 2In a large bowl combine Rice Krispies cereal, oats and raisins.
- 3In a saucepan stir the corn syrup or honey and brown sugar until just at a boil.
- 4Immediately remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- 5Pour over the dry ingredients in the bowl; mix to combine.
- 6Mix in mini chocolate chips (if using) work fast the mixture hardens quickly.
- 7Transfer the mixture into prepared baking dish, then using slightly wet hands push evenly down into the pan.
- 8While the mixture is still soft, for easier slicing take a sharp knife and slice into desired size bars.
- 9Chill until firm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No-Bake Rice Krispies Peanut Butter Granola Bars (Lower-Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 33.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat peanut butter