Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a delicious lower fat bar if using reduced-fat peanut butter, these are perfect for kid's lunch boxes, feel free to add in some chopped nuts or sunflower seeds or coconut in place of the raisins,
Top Review by Redsie
Oh Kit these are so easy and oh so good!! Made these for my dbf and we loved them! As my dbf does not love sweets (as I do!), I didn't add any brown sugar at all and they turned out perfect!! All I added was some dark raisins and next time will add some dried cranberries! Thanks Kit! :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies (for a firmer bar increase up to 2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter (or can use regular peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin (or can use either 1/2 cup chopped nuts or 1/2 cup seeds or 1/2 cup coconut)
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip (to prevent melting refrigerate or freeze the chocolate chips before mixing in)
Directions See How It's Made
- lightly grease 11 x 7-inch, can use a 13 x 9-inch baking dish but you will have a thinner bar.
- In a large bowl combine Rice Krispies cereal, oats and raisins.
- In a saucepan stir the corn syrup or honey and brown sugar until just at a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour over the dry ingredients in the bowl; mix to combine.
- Mix in mini chocolate chips (if using) work fast the mixture hardens quickly.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared baking dish, then using slightly wet hands push evenly down into the pan.
- While the mixture is still soft, for easier slicing take a sharp knife and slice into desired size bars.
- Chill until firm.