This is a delicious lower fat bar if using reduced-fat peanut butter, these are perfect for kid's lunch boxes, feel free to add in some chopped nuts or sunflower seeds or coconut in place of the raisins,
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies (for a firmer bar increase up to 2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter (or can use regular peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin (or can use either 1/2 cup chopped nuts or 1/2 cup seeds or 1/2 cup coconut)
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip (to prevent melting refrigerate or freeze the chocolate chips before mixing in)
- lightly grease 11 x 7-inch, can use a 13 x 9-inch baking dish but you will have a thinner bar.
- In a large bowl combine Rice Krispies cereal, oats and raisins.
- In a saucepan stir the corn syrup or honey and brown sugar until just at a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour over the dry ingredients in the bowl; mix to combine.
- Mix in mini chocolate chips (if using) work fast the mixture hardens quickly.
- Transfer the mixture into prepared baking dish, then using slightly wet hands push evenly down into the pan.
- While the mixture is still soft, for easier slicing take a sharp knife and slice into desired size bars.
- Chill until firm.
Oh Kit these are so easy and oh so good!! Made these for my dbf and we loved them! As my dbf does not love sweets (as I do!), I didn't add any brown sugar at all and they turned out perfect!! All I added was some dark raisins and next time will add some dried cranberries! Thanks Kit! :)
Simply perfect! My kids went nuts over these. I did use pruns and dried apricots instead of raisins. So delicious! Thank you so much!
Made as is and they were WAY TOO GOOD. I couldn't keep them around long enough! My kids devoured half the pan before I was able to wrap up the last half for the next day. lol Definitely a keeper.