Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandmother taught me how to make these - hated them when I was a kid (because they had dates) but now as an adult I love them!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 lb finely cut up pitted dates
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- crushed walnuts or coconut
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add sugar and dates; stir over low heat until gummy.
- Add 2 beaten eggs and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in 4 cups rice krispies.
- Cool slightly.
- Roll into balls with crushed walnuts or coconut.