Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful all year round, despite the name. And great for kids helping out in the kitchen!
- 2 cups unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oatmeal
- Combine sugar, milk, butter, & cocoa in a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until it boils.
- Boil and stir for one minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Quickly spoon cookie size pieces on wax paper and allow to cool.
Wow, I've had this same recipe for years only we didn't have a name for it so we called it the "Oatmeal-PeanutButter-Thing." I use canned milk, no salt and we spoon ours into a square baking dish and cut into squares. (We also put it in the fridge so it'll cool faster and we can eat it sooner!)