Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Here's a nice summer dessert that doesn't need an oven. Guaranteed to look pretty on your table and taste wonderfully too!
- 1 package digestive biscuit
- 125 g butter
- 900 g raspberries
- 125 sugar
- 450 g cream cheese
- 225 g caster sugar (a super-fine granulated sugar)
- 2 drops of pure vanilla essence
- 600 ml whipping cream
- Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs.
- Melt the butter and mix it in with the biscuit crumbs.
- Spread over the bottom of a 10 inch springform pan and let set in a fridge for an hour.
- Combine 500g of the raspberries, sugar and a splash of water in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the fruit breaks up.
- This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- Liquidise, then pass through a sieve to catch all the seeds.
- Allow the purée to cool.
- Separately, beat the cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the cream and beat until stiff.
- Don't overbeat the mixture or it will separate.
- Spread 2cm of the cheesecake mix on top of the biscuit base.
- Swirl a couple tablespoons of the raspberry mixture on top and repeat, alternating layers of cheesecake mix and purée until the pan is full.
- Overnight is best but two hours will do in a pinch.
- Decorate with remaining raspberries and serve.