Recipe by deinef83
These delicious cookies taste like pumpkin pie. Be careful boiling the mixture...if you boil too long it will crumble, if you don't boil long enough it won't set up. I always boil for 2mins 10sec on almost high heat immediately following rapid boil. It is not recommended that you use any oats other than Quick/1min Oats.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (a big spoonful)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick oats (1 minute)
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the oats in a bowl and put the peanut butter and butterscotch chips on top. You will dump this in at the end.
- In a heavy saucepan, mix the sugar, pumpkin pie seasoning, butter and milk on medium until everything is mixed and dissolved.
- Turn up the heat and bring the mixture to a RAPID boil.
- Let boil for exactly 2 minutes then REMOVE from heat.
- Add the bowl you had set aside and mix. Add the vanilla at this time.
- Spray some non-stick spray on a 1/8 cup measure. Use it to drop mixture onto waxed paper.
- Let sit until cooled and hardened -- if you can :-p.