Prep 7 mins
Cook 7 mins
These delicious cookies taste like pumpkin pie. Be careful boiling the mixture...if you boil too long it will crumble, if you don't boil long enough it won't set up. I always boil for 2mins 10sec on almost high heat immediately following rapid boil. It is not recommended that you use any oats other than Quick/1min Oats.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (a big spoonful)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick oats (1 minute)
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- Put the oats in a bowl and put the peanut butter and butterscotch chips on top. You will dump this in at the end.
- In a heavy saucepan, mix the sugar, pumpkin pie seasoning, butter and milk on medium until everything is mixed and dissolved.
- Turn up the heat and bring the mixture to a RAPID boil.
- Let boil for exactly 2 minutes then REMOVE from heat.
- Add the bowl you had set aside and mix. Add the vanilla at this time.
- Spray some non-stick spray on a 1/8 cup measure. Use it to drop mixture onto waxed paper.
- Let sit until cooled and hardened -- if you can :-p.
These are amazing, thank you! Great autumnal cookie :)