Recipe by *Pixie*
A reduced sugar dessert that doesn't feel reduced sugar. This dessert cuts better after chilling overnight, but if you can't wait, it can be served like a trifle. Prep time includes chilling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package sugar-free strawberry gelatin or 1 package sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- ice cube
- 1 (19 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks (well drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) canunsweetened mandarin orange sections (well drained)
- 1 package fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 container Cool Whip Free
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray a 9" x 13" pan with light cooking spray.
- Mix 1 c coconut and graham cracker crumbs.
- Blend in melted butter and press evenly in pan.
- Mix 1 c boiling water with jello (I do this in a 2 c pyrex measuring cup).
- Add ice cubes to make 2 cups.
- Stir until very thickened but not solid.
- Remove any remaining ice bits.
- Pour thickened jello evenly over graham cracker crumbs in pan.
- Spread to even.
- Place the pineapple chunks evenly over the jello.
- Place the mandarine orange sections evenly over the pineapple.
- Beat the milk, jello pudding and remaining 1/2 c coconut until well mixed and starting to thicken.
- Pour evenly over the other ingredients in the pan and spread to even.
- Refrigerate until set (about 15 minutes).
- Spread cool whip evenly over the top.
- Refrigerate for several hours until well set.
- If you can't wait for this to set for several hours, it can be served scooped like a trife, after refrigerating overnight it can be served by cutting into squares.