A reduced sugar dessert that doesn't feel reduced sugar. This dessert cuts better after chilling overnight, but if you can't wait, it can be served like a trifle. Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut (divided)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package sugar-free strawberry gelatin or 1 package sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- ice cube
- 1 (19 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks (well drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened mandarin orange sections (well drained)
- 1 package fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 container Cool Whip Free
- 1Lightly spray a 9" x 13" pan with light cooking spray.
- 2Mix 1 c coconut and graham cracker crumbs.
- 3Blend in melted butter and press evenly in pan.
- 4Mix 1 c boiling water with jello (I do this in a 2 c pyrex measuring cup).
- 5Add ice cubes to make 2 cups.
- 6Stir until very thickened but not solid.
- 7Remove any remaining ice bits.
- 8Pour thickened jello evenly over graham cracker crumbs in pan.
- 9Spread to even.
- 10Place the pineapple chunks evenly over the jello.
- 11Place the mandarine orange sections evenly over the pineapple.
- 12Beat the milk, jello pudding and remaining 1/2 c coconut until well mixed and starting to thicken.
- 13Pour evenly over the other ingredients in the pan and spread to even.
- 14Refrigerate until set (about 15 minutes).
- 15Spread cool whip evenly over the top.
- 16Refrigerate for several hours until well set.
- 17If you can't wait for this to set for several hours, it can be served scooped like a trife, after refrigerating overnight it can be served by cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for No Bake Pineapple Coconut Dessert (reduced sugar)
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.6
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 220.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
Cool Whip Free