Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I think this is the prettiest cheesecake when you get it done and garnished. It's fancy enough for guests and easy enough for a Wednesday night supper. I would associate it with summer, but if you're one of those people who likes to fix "summer foods" in the winter for a cabin fever fixer, this cheesecake is gonna pick you right up!
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice, plus
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 3 tablespoons dark rum (optional) or 3 tablespoons rum extract
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook coconut, stirring until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove.
- Coat and 8 inch springform pan with cooking spray. Combine crumbs with 1/2 cup reserved coconut; stir in the butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the side of the pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup pineapple juice. In another bowl at high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth. Reduce speed to medium; beat in sugar then sour cream. Reduce speed to low and add cream of coconut, rum and remaining pineapple juice. Beat until combined.
- Heat reserved pineapple juice and gelatin in the microwave on high in 5 second intervals until gelatin dissolves. At low speed, beat mixture into cheese until combined. Pour batter into pan. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen; remove the side of the pan and garnish with remaining coconut, pineapple chunks, and cherries, if desired.