Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Perfect for those hot summer days when you don't want to turn on the oven. Also good for the county fair - I got a purple :)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached cane sugar (for rolling)
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the butter, dates, egg yolks and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat stir in the rice cereal, chopped pecans and vanilla. Stir and let cool.
- When you can handle roll into small balls then roll in cane sugar.