Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh boy, are these good! On a hot summer's day when you want something sweet, these won't heat up the kitchen. Kids love them!
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- Line a 9 inch square pan with aluminum foil.
- Beat powdered sugar, butter, 1 cup peanut butter and the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs and peanuts (mixture will be stiff).
- Press into pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter over low heat, stirring frequently, until smooth.
- Spread over bars.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.
- Remove from pan, using foil to lift; fold back.
- Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Made these last night, brought them to the office this morning. Everyone loved them! They turned out fabulous and were so easy to make. I used 1/2 semi-sweet chips and 1/2 butterscotch like scotcharoos :) Will make them again!
Great squares! These are similar to other recipes I've made but I really liked the addition of the peanuts to the base and the peanut butter to the chocolate topping. I sprinkled extra chopped peanuts on top too for decoration. Really delicious.
i just finished making this recipe and just from eating a little bit of the batter it is really good my whole family just loved them the only thing i didnt add was the peanuts.... thanks for sharing this recipe.....