Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
From The Flax Cookbook by Elaine Magee, MPH, RD (Marlowe & Co.) and www.webmd.com.
Make and share this No-Bake Peanut Butter Power Bars recipe from Food.com.
- canola oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon canola margarine
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows, lightly packed
- 1 cup low-fat granola
- 1 cup Rice Krispies (or other puffed rice cereal)
- 1⁄3 cup ground golden flax seed (golden flax works better in this recipe)
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter, peanut butter, and marshmallows on high for 30 seconds.
- Stir to blend. If not yet melted, microwave again briefly.
- Add granola, puffed rice and flax seed, and mix.
- Spread in prepared pan, flattening it with waxed paper.
- Cool completely. Cut into 8 bars.