Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
This recipe is from Martha Stewart. It's still good though...
- 1 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal, toasted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To toast the oatmeal, preheat oven to 350. Spread oatmeal on ungreased baking sheet and toast it until it is lightly browned, about 11 minutes, shaking once. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter and the nonfat dry milk. Stir in the toasted oatmeal and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the honey. Pour the butter mixture over the peanut butter mixture, and stir until well combined. Allow to cool slightly.
- Shape into about 40 logs, each about 2 1/2 inches long. Place the logs onto a wire rack or parchment lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips, drizzle over peanut butter logs. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.