Recipe by BeansnRice
Tasty peanut butter and corn flake bars with a nice chocolate and butterscotch topping. From TOH's Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Special K cereal
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the sugar and corn sryup to a boil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until combined.
- Add cereal and mix well.
- Press mixture into an ungreased 13" X 9" pan using a metal spatula.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips - stir until smooth.
- Spread over cereal mixture and refrigerate until set.
- Cut into bars.