Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorite easy desert recipes. Just a touch different and yummy! Perfect for a quick bring along.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups Honey Bunches of Oats cereal
- 2 cups chopped peanuts or 2 cups mixed nuts, separated
- 16 ounces milk chocolate
- lightly grease 15x10x1 baking pan and set aside.
- in large sauce an heat and stir white sugar, brown sugar and corn syrup until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Add corn flakes and one cup of nuts; stir until coated.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared pan.
- Melt chocolate pieces and spread over cornflake layer. Sprinkle remaining nuts over top and lightly press into chocolate.
- Let set for 1-2 hours or refrigerate for 1 hour; cut into bars.
LOVED THESE! Grandma and Grandpa kept sneaking more.